Wednesday 19 October 2016

Analysis of my Mastheads



With this Masthead I have decided to go for a Sans Serif form as I felt that Serif wasn’t as appealing and eye catching. Also, I have used the Plantsbrook colour scheme which is black and red as I know that the audience are familiar with this and it would make sense to use these colours. I have then placed a white outline around the “plantsbrook” part of the logo as the black and white contrast, and a light blue around the “mag” part because I felt it would look appealing.




This was another Masthead draft which I created. In this I used a sans serif form however made it less professional intentionally as I felt that the magazine could target the students over the parents, and this sort of font would appeal to the younger age range. The middle part of the logo is a vibrant red as I thought this would be very eye catching compared to the black and grey behind it which are very dull colours.


This is the final Masthead I used. I felt that this was ideal for the magazine as it isn’t too complex but is still effective in being a catchy logo. The background is white/blank and the actual text is sans serif and each individual letter is very large and bold. I have used the colours black, red and white as they are the Plantsbrook colour scheme and the black and white contrast so it’s a good combination to use. Overall, It is a very vibrant and bold and the font is very appealing so I thought that this was the ideal Masthead for my type of Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment